In sorrow… Pray.
If happy… Praise.
In all times… Trust.
Regardless of the circumstance, prayer is the mark of genuine faith.
3 Reasons why Prayer is important
- Prayer opens our eyes to what God is doing around us. It lets us see beyond ourselves.
- Prayer reminds us of our dependence upon God. It’s evidence that we know that we need Him in our lives.
- The time we spend in prayer reflects the value we have given God.
Ways to be More Consistent in Prayer
- Focus on God, not yourself. Give Him the glory as the source of all blessings.
- Plan prayer. D.A. Carson reminds us, “We will not grow in prayer unless we plan to pray”. Plan prayer because there are too many things competing for our time.
- Seek out people to pray with. Find a prayer partner(s). Ask people how you can pray for them.
- Weave requests with praise. God’s word reminds us to not only ask but to also give praise.
- Pray scripture. When at a loss for your own words use God’s word for guidance. Say, “God, you tell us in your word that…” Claim God’s promises and truth.
Commit to Pray